Monday, December 18, 2017

Alphabet Snowflakes


These snowflakes are my saving grace this week.  It's the week before Holiday break and some of my classes are at a spot where they need to start a new lesson.  I don't want to start something new and expect them to remember the concepts over two weeks later so this is my fall back.  I have found this concept to be successful with all my students Kindergarten through 6th grade. The snowflakes just become more advanced the more skilled and practiced the Artist is.


For my littles, I often have them watch the video in parts and have them practice on their whiteboard. My 3rd grade and up have sketchbooks, so most of their snowflake exploration happens in the sketchbook.


Some classes were done a week ago and for them, I have added onto the lesson by creating a landscape.  We can cover horizon line and the illusions of depth with this simple finishing process.


I have also offered snowflake exploration in a more choice-based atmosphere. Check out this previous post about snowflake stations.

 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the look of the metallic markers and the addition of the triangle trees! It's great to find a lesson that is useful the last week before break! If it's Ok with you, I added a link to this blog post from my blog post about how snowflakes are formed. http://expressivemonkey.blogspot.com/2016/10/why-are-no-two-snowflakes-alike.html

    ReplyDelete